So after painting a Tau Firewarrior in the new scheme months ago I realised it wasn’t going to suit my style; I am far too in love with Workshops default camo scheme for the Tau. As a result I started painting the rest of the Firewarriors as the build up to the new codex sent me into a frenzy of Greater Goodness. Here’s the results:
Overall I’m very Happy with the look. I probably took about 45 minutes per model to get it to a reasonable gaming standard. I don’t like to waste my time on models that can get wiped out in 30 seconds.
I have a squad of pathfinders being built so once they’re sorted I’ll be getting them painted in style. I’m probably going to add some camo detail or more weathering. Obviously I still need to base my miniatures but PVA and sand isn’t going to kill me.